Wednesday 8 March 2017

Daisy's First Birthday Dog Cake


Someone has just turned one! I cannot believe that it is almost a year since she has been mine. A year of fun, cuteness, some of the worst naughtiness ever and other things that I would not swap for the world!



I am talking about my fur baby Daisy of course and I had to mark her first year with a healthy dog cake and a little party for her and Sally.


Pup cakes (see what I did there) seemed to be the answer and of course it had to be healthy for dogs. Dogs cannot eat everything that we do and it is also worth noting here that these cakes are a sometime treat and NOT intended for a main meal. They freeze beautifully and I cut one in half and give half to each of my girls with their normal dinner.


Also, I must mention that you know your fur baby best and if they have any allergies or intolerances, do not give them these cakes. Better yet, check with your vet first.

Okay, that out of the way, let's do this! It is an easy recipe and it only uses a few things.

Daisy's Pup Cake Recipe
Makes 14 Muffin sized cakes
Oven: moderate

250g chicken liver 
1 large zucchini
3 eggs
pinch salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup grated cheese
2 cups Self Raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Use a food processor or similar to process the liver and zucchini to a fine puree. Add all of the other ingredients and mix again.
Pour into prepared paper cases.


Bake in a moderate over until firm. I am not going to be overly directive about the cooking times and so on. Simply press your finger lightly into one and if it feels firm it is ready.


You can freeze these unfrosted - and by the way, when I say frosted I do NOT mean sugar! No one should eat that least of all your dog! I used a small amount of cream cheese to decorate and a daisy shaped piece of cheese on the top.


A flag on the top which naturally goes with the other decorations that you have planned is really important!


After singing happy birthday, it is time to enjoy one! That is if your fur babies can wait! Please excuse the awful pic but I was juggling doggy discipline and a camera! Those two are quick!


Whatever you do, your little one will love you for it. Remember, freeze the extras and then they can enjoy the party vibe for weeks!


Have fun!
Debbie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I would love and welcome any feedback. Debs xxx