Tuesday 16 October 2018

Frilly and Funkie October Challenge- Haunted Halloween

**********************UPDATE************************
Guess what peeps - I won! I cannot believe it and it really made my Monday. You can see all the action here.

My debut make for the Frilly and Funkie. October challenge There is the usual amount of things going on- I am not sure that I am capable of making a simple card!

Well I find myself drawn to another card making challenge (well okay, I am addicted to them now) and to be honest, it is a wonderful way to focus my makes and really test myself - the whole point of a challenge after all!


I had some card stock left over from another project that I had painted with acrylic paints. Perfect for the Skeleton!

This time it is for Frilly and Funkie and the theme is Haunted Halloween. Now how could I possibly resist that!


Highlighting the bats with some white Gel pen and then only adhering the middles gives some extra dimension.


I started this make with a C5 white card blank and a piece of 250gsm card the same size.  To this I added some Tim Holtz Halloween Design tape for the edge.


Purple, bone and black just works!

I am not much of a purple user but this time, it suited the theme perfectly. I inked some pieces of card with Distress Oxide Ink         (seedless preserves, dusty concord, hickory smoke and black soot).


I sew on almost all of my cards - it is a nod to my day job!

These pieces were layered and sewn (one trimmed to make it slightly smaller.).


The card that I used for the skeleton had been painted and treated with a weathered wood crackle medium (DecoArt). This we perfect for giving him a cracked and old look!

Then came the die cuts. Tangled Twigs (Sizzix) was perfect for the background onto some TH black kraft core paper and then sanded (of course!).


Adore layers and dimension!


Before I adhered the twiggy panel on, I stamped an owl and moon from the Stampers Anonymous Mr Bones onto a piece of oxided card and die cut it with a circle die.


I have been waiting for the perfect chance to use that owl stamp!

It was time for skeleton man to come out of the grave and go exploring. He is from the Sizzix too and comes from the Ghoulish die set.


For me, it is all about that shadow!

I made a shadow for him by keeping the negative piece that I cut him from and using it as a stencil with some Black Soot Distress Ink and a Blender Brush. He has some bat companions too! They come from the same die set.


The tombstones are so easy to make - don't forget to check out the link!

A tombstone was a must. I have a full tutorial for those here and the black grass was just card offcuts snipped with a lovely sharp pair of Tonic scissors.


When I first started using the quote chips, I didn't think of sanding them -Duh! I sand everything!!

All that was left to do then was to sand a quote chip and add some spookiness with another message using TH Label Letters.

Well fingers crossed that this one will meet with favour! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you are a bit inspired to enter a challenge yourself!
Hugs
Debbie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I would love and welcome any feedback. Debs xxx