Tuesday 2 October 2018

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Tag It!


Hello last PROPER autumn...more about that much later....

I absolutely adore Autumn! Such diversity in the weather and richness and above all, that promise of cosiness - you know the loveliness that is a crackling log fire and warm pumpkin everything! If I ate sugar, there would be an opportunity here for hot chocolate with marshmallows. Autumn is a time to get your hygge on.

Loooove making these leaves! Honestly, they are practically foolproof!

Autumn is also a lovely tome to craft because, well, the colours alone are worth it! I have also decided to take part in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge again. It took me ages to pluck up the courage to do it but now I am hooked and I have a lovely reason to make a card or something every week. It really helps to keep me focused. If you want to join in too, you can find the details here.

Tag It!

The theme of this week is Tag It! and that meant the opportunity to create a tag of any sort. But, me being me, I did not want to waste a second of Autumn so I went with that as my theme.

Here is my offering this time....

A tag is the perfect thing to make if you are dying to create but you are short on time.

It started out as a tag with some Tim Holtz paper on the top. This week's challenge is also underlining the wonder that is Tim Holtz (oh boy do I love his stuff!) so I dived straight in to my TH Halloween 2018 Paper Stash for some flock paper. Then some cheesecloth to make a background for the focal point.

cheesecloth is a great way to add texture.

I have been making some Autumn leaves lately using orange, red and yellow oxides. They look reasonably convincing so they went into the mix.

Seriously, you NEED these leaves in your life!

And a red and white toadstool. I love these! I still remembering being very confused when I saw one in the wild. I had decided that they could not possibly exist outside fairy tales. So when I found that they did, I remember my seven year old brain frantically computing to see what else may be real from the world of the brothers Grimm! Still looking for Snow White!

So glad that we have these for real!

If you would like a tutorial on these leaves, let me know with a comment below and I will write one for you.

I just love it when I start out with a piece of blank white card and come up with something like this!

I added some Christmas foliage from a die from last year and poked it all under the plank that I made from the TH Planks Bigz die. 

Always be ready to mix old and new and it doesn't matter if it is from another season. There is literally no one policing this!

There had to be an insect too and this was one of the Entomology favourites coloured with Perfect Pearls first and then stamped and die cut. 

The insect fills the space between the bow and the central motif beautifully.

I went back and covered him with Glossy Accents too and this has drawn some of the Perfect pearls to the surface and made him a bit sparkly 3D.

Some pretty cool alchemy with the insect and Perfect Pearls.

There had to be jute and sewing in my recipe too so I added a big bow and stitched twice around the tag.

Nothing like natural ingredients!
I looked at me tag and (believe it or not) it needed one more thing. 

Devil in the details!
The skull is cut out of the TH Halloween Paper Stash (have a look on the back of the coppery paper near the back. I used a bronze charm and cut the skull out, glued it into the charm and then covered it with Glossy Accents.

While I had the Glossy Accents out, I put some dew drops onto the leaves too.

I do hope that you liked this one and that it inspired you to have a go too!
Hugs!
Debbie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I would love and welcome any feedback. Debs xxx