Friday 29 November 2013

Making Fall Leaves From Paper

Hey all!

It is finally Fall - my time of the year, lovely cold, dark weather and no sun - perfect for crafting!

Now if there is something that I love, it is the Fall colors. Golds and reds and olives and all of those wonderful should-be-gaudy-but-they-aren't fiery hues.

Next challenge? To make them in paper and ink! Tim Holtz to the rescue this time. Enter a Tattered Leaves Die and some Distress inks and here is what I came up with....




What do you think?

I began with a plain piece of light olive paper and a piece of ecru. I cut two leaves and then scored some veins with a stylus and folded the leaf down the centre vein.

Next I used a foam applicator and softly applied Crushed Olive, Barn Door, Walnut Stain, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade inks. The Walnut Stain went last and was only applied to the very edges. I would like to experiment with torn bug holes too and see how that works out.

Watch this space over the next days and I will have a play with some more - may even attempt a step-by- step for you!

Thanks for stopping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I would love and welcome any feedback. Debs xxx