Friday 29 November 2013

Pretty in Pink

Hey All!

I have been absent for a short while getting things out to my magazines - I am happy to say that November has been a record month and there is a lot of stuff heading your way for readers in the UK and the USA. Fun and I love my job! As they say, much better than working for a living!! Happy Days!

But in the mean time, I found the time to make a card and tag for you and here it is now.....it is a bit summery which is out of season for us here in the Northern Hemisphere but this little set is destined for Australia so, on their side of the world, all is good!



This is another DecoArt and Sizzix layout and Tim Holtz products feature heavily. It is also about texture and layers. And PINK!


Distress and layer the papers, ink the edges sew around the outside. I used Victorian Velvet Distress Ink from Ranger. Stamp the edges too and avoid black. I went with a pearl grey here to keep the look mistily romantic.


I ran one of the layers of paper through a lattice embossing folder too so that the flowers had a trellis. DecoArt have a wonderful product called Metallic Lustre. It is a thicker metallic mousse and applies wonderfully to a variety of backgrounds. Unlike the earlier generation of gilding waxes, it is also water soluble and water wash up. You can dry brush it on (as I did here) or water it down and paint it on. It can even be stamped on. More about that in a  later post.

I used the Champagne Ice colour anyway and it adds a subtle glow to the project. Here it is again and you can see how it brings out the texture.




Make the flowers next. Grab the Tattered Florals die and some mulberry paper in various pinks, layer them up real good! Dampening the paper after you have cut the flowers and scrunching them up will add dimension. Be respectful of the fact that they are paper though and have to be treated very gently when wet.

But when they are dry, open them up again and hot glue the layers together and put a pearl or rhinestone in the centre.

Leaves are really important and I have searched long and hard for the right ones. These are from Susan's Garden and I ran them through my trusty Big Shot (I love that so much that I cannot bear to be parted from it for a second) and then made veins with a stylus. Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and an applicator helped with the depth of colour on the edges. Make leaves in quantity and colour them in different inks for different projects. Maybe start a leaf box......this will make sense to you in just a moment!


I had a rummage through the ribbon and lace box next (yes I do have a ribbon and lace box...you should too! Start one today if you don't have one. It can go right next to the button box. What do you mean you don't have............) Anyway, I had a rummage through the ribbon and lace box and I found some white cotton lace and some really sweet pink rosebud braid that my friend Karen gave me. Perfect for this and these things are widely available from haberdashers everywhere.


I put in a bow to finish it all off and stamped the message onto a piece of pink paper.  The tag is along the same lines - to make it nice and smooth, make extra bits and bobs while you are making the card, the tag makes itself!


Well there it all is folks. i do hope that you liked it and found some inspiration. normal Christmas service will resume next time and I will try to not make it too long in coming to you.

Have a lovely day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Debs
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I would love and welcome any feedback. Debs xxx