Friday 29 November 2013

Romantic Bijou

Hallo Crafty Friends!

It is so hot here at the moment in England that sewing and quilting seems like a real chore so I am working on my new book. 

It is really taking shape now and it is all about upcycled jewellery. At least a bracelet doesn't sit hotly on my legs like a quilt!

I thought that you might like a sneak preview of what is on offer and I would so welcome your comments. As I mentioned in a previous blog, this is really your book so you are entitled to have some input!

The book is to be called something along the lines of Romantic Bijou and it focuses on jewellery made from bits and pieces that you already have - fancy not having to go shopping before making something!

So I have dug deep into the rag bag, looked at leftover bits of wool and unmatched beads and buttons and I am very happy with the results.

Take a look and leave a comment to let me know what you think!





This is a cute little brooch in Fall colours with lucite details.



  
This lariat necklace is like a drop of blood coming from the heart - very vampire!


Pearls and crystals- a marriage made in craft heaven and soooo summery.




Love this mismatched gem! It is just fab for using up the last of this and the last of that. This is a craft book about not wasting anything and NEVER being accused of always being in the shops!





I cut up and recycled three necklaces to make this bracelet. What was a classic old lady three strand of pearls is now a fresh young style bracelet which will take you anywhere.




Only two small freshwater pearls left? Not a problem. Make sweet and dainty earrings!





Here again, I was almost out of these beads and that meant earrings. An upcycled book means using what you have and not worrying too much about what matches. This doesn't always fly with earrings though. But you would be surprised at how few things are really needed to make a pair of earrings.

Well there it all is. Must go back and row with the other slaves nw! Until next time, 
Happy Crafting!

Deb
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I would love and welcome any feedback. Debs xxx